Sunday, September 11, 2011

Chocolate Cupcakes


This week was crazy to say the least. With the San Diego black out and my son’s first birthday I didn’t have a lot of time to cook. But I thought I would share the recipe for the cupcakes I made for my son’s birthday party. The cakes themselves are vegan but the frosting is not. You can take these recipes and do what you want. I do have to say that I’ve found that cakes without eggs are much more moist.

Cupcakes Ingredients

1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup water
1 tbs apple cider vinegar
1 tbs vanilla

Mix all ingredient together with a mixer until batter is smooth. Pour into cupcake tins and bake at 350 degrees for 22 minutes.

Frosting ingredients

2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup softened butter
1/4 cup milk
1 tbs vanilla
1 tbs cornstarch

Mix all ingredients together in a mixer until smooth. Add more milk if you would like it thinner and add more cornstarch if you would like the frosting to be thicker.

Yield 12 cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment