Saturday, June 2, 2012

Watermelon Salsa



Watermelon season is here! In my house we go through at least one watermelon a week in the summertime. I love eating it plain or with feta cheese in a salad, but this salsa recipe might be my new favorite way to eat watermelon. My husband loved it so much he didn’t want me to share the recipe with all of you. But I love sharing recipes, so here you go!
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups watermelon chopped into small pieces
3/4 cup roma tomatoes chopped into small pieces
1/2 cup white onion chopped into small pieces
1/4 jalapeno chopped into small pieces
1/2 cup cilantro finely chopped
1 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of pepper
the juice if one lime
Chop your watermelon, tomatoes, onion, jalapeno and cilantro and add to a bowl Sprinkle over salt and pepper. Drizzle over lime juice and mix together. (I found that letting the salsa sit for about an hour in the refrigerator before serving made it taste even better.) Then it is ready to serve.
Yields about 2 1/2 cups of salsa

No comments:

Post a Comment